In general, Liaisons provide a vital link between the Researcher and the College. It is expected that the Liaison will work with the Researcher to ensure that the research project progresses smoothly.
The Liaison serves as an ad hoc member of the Institutional Research Review Committee for the term of the proposal research. It is anticipated that the Liaison will have the experience and expertise to assist the Researcher during the project.
Liaisons are responsible for:
- Meeting with the Researcher.
- Conducting an orientation with the Researcher to review ACC policies and procedures related to the research project.
- Reviewing the application and any related materials to become familiar with the project.
- Conducting periodic progress review sessions with the Researcher during the designated time frame for the research.
- Facilitating use of ACC resources at the campus level.
- Overseeing access to confidential data by the Researcher.
- Maintaining the file of Informed Consent forms, if any.
- Monitoring data collection activities.